Thursday, October 21, 2010

Floor Cleaner

One of my strategies for not getting overwhelmed with this green thing is to let the issues come up naturally. I ran out of my hardwood cleaner. So, I searched the internet and found a simple recipe for a hardwood cleaner that called for water and essential oil.

http://www.suite101.com/content/the-best-natural-hardwood-floor-cleaner-a203258


I am blessed to live close to a body time store which stocks all the essential oil you could wish for and reasonably priced. I used more essential oil than the recipe called for for some reason, but will resort to the original recipe on my next batch. Regardless, it is definitely less expensive to make your own even using the essential oil which is $8.50/tiny bottle. I think you can get at least two gallons of cleaner from one little bottle. And, it works great.

Side note: I called the eco center b/c I have always been confused about what can be recycled and composted. Used tissues can be composted- Alex is off the hook with my handkerchief scheme. Cardboard juice cartons and such can be composted. Only recyclable plastic #1 and 2 are recycled by Berkeley- the rest goes to landfill. At the recycling center they separate everything. No strawberry baskets, yogurt containers, clamshells, etc. Some of this I knew, but things are always changing so it was good to clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment