
So, second action for the record. Hit BB for zero waste bulk trial. Note to self: do not bring kids along when experimenting with new shopping complexities.
The experience: I did it. I brought in all the containers I had in my costco reusable bag.
The upsides/downsides:
- I did not have enough wide-mouthed containers for what I wanted. So, I unknowingly made someone wait for me while I was filling a big soy sauce container with lentils.
- I had to choose what I bought carefully, because I had only four appropriate containers. This could be good or bad.
- I had to go through the bulk food line twice- they of course have to weigh the container before and after filling. Both times, I got someone who did not know how to work the system that way.
- Many people watched me fill my dry goods and made comments. It made me a little self-conscious especially with the lentils. Most comments were positive, but with the lentils the guy I unknowingly made wait had some suggestions about using funnels when we were waiting in the pricing line.
Did I make it out of BB zero waste in total?: who knows? My kids ate samples which included napkins and toothpicks. Kai got an Odwalla. Recyclable and compostable- The Odwalla container, I can manage, but I am not sure what happens with BB sample trash.
No comments:
Post a Comment