Wednesday, August 17, 2011
Traveling with less waste
So my friend E recently posted about zero waste and her response to the blog with the same name. The author of that blog flies to France regularly (her family lives there?) and talks about the waste conundrum associated with air travel. I flew to Toronto today and brought a water bottle and coffee cup and my own snacks. I still have not thought to bring a drink cup for the airplane drink service. So, I took one plastic cup with the service and wiped it out to save for future use. And, used it on my next flight instead of taking a new cup. But, for the travel day: two plastic forks, a knife and spoon (cleaned and saved for future use on the trip); two salads in plastic packaging; one plastic cup (and a mini bag of fried onions that went with one of the salads. Better than usual for me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment